Each year, CCPRO recognizes the marketing and communications efforts of the 115 California community colleges with the PRO awards. This year, almost 350 entries were submitted from across the state.
The college district’s awards presented at CCPRO’s annual conference held this year in San Diego were:
- First place for 2017-2018 Annual Report, Division A. “Two Colleges, One Community” is a 28-page report to the community highlighting the August 2017-June 2018 year at the Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District.
- First place for Brochure Series, Division A: “Career Education at Grossmont and Cuyamaca Colleges” was series of brochures profiling career technical programs at the two colleges.
- First place for News Release: “Grossmont College broadcast student wins international award for radio documentary on disabled veterans.” This year marked the fourth time in five years that the college district won first place for news releases.
- Second place for News Release: “Grossmont College Police Academy cadet seeks to become rookie cop at age 73.”
- Second place Charles Cropsey Photography Award: “Breaking Boundaries” reflected the drama and grace of students performing in Grossmont College’s annual dance concert.
- Third place Charles Cropsey Photography Award: The camaraderie of a group of students at Grossmont College was captured during a candid moment.