The National Council for Marketing & Public Relations’ District 6 announced the 2021 Medallion awards, including two first-place wins for photography and writing, last week. The organization represents more than 1,700 marketing and public relations professionals at nearly 650 community and technical colleges across the United States and Canada. District 6 includes community colleges across Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Utah, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Republic of Palau, Republic of the Marshall Islands and the Territory of Guam.
The annual awards recognize outstanding achievement in design and communication by community colleges.
Grossmont College’s awards included:
- Gold Medallion for an exterior photo of the new Performing and
Visual Arts Center (PVAC),
described by judges as dramatic and eye-catching.
- Silver Medallion for a photo of a student taking part in the drive-by celebration for 2021 graduates.
- Silver Medallion for Theatre Arts promotional postcards.
- Silver Medallion for a poster series promoting Theatre Arts productions.
- Bronze Medallion for a computer-generated illustration featuring Theatre Arts.
Grossmont-Cuyamaca Community College District’s awards included:
- Gold Medallion for Excellence in Writing for a blog about a Grossmont College graduate who celebrated his 60th birthday on the same day he took part in the college’s 60th Judges described the story as a poignant reminder that it is never too late to pursue one’s dreams.
- Bronze Medallion for the 2019-2020 Annual Report: Caring for Our Community.